8/29/11

Poppy King For J. Crew



Images: theglossarie, net-a-porter.com

The internet has been buzzing about the new Poppy King for J. Crew lipstick and I have to say I agree with the hype.  This red coral combination is exactly the kind of lipstick I like, a casual color that is strong enough to require very little effort with the rest of your make-up.  With this color a natural eye and a little peach blush is all you need to look pulled together.  These J. Crew items will go perfectly with this shade of lipstick and are great pieces to add to your fall wardrobe.  The color is sold out so keep your eyes open in case they get more in stock, I know I will be! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I need to add that lipstick to my never ending must haves list. I agree with everything you said too:)

    www.feelingorgeous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this lipstick. I hope you get a chance to as well - I'd love to read a review of it/see some photos before I buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Claire, thank you so much!
    @Smalltown, I actually went in to J. Crew today and they didn't even have a sample left! But I'll keep trying!

    -JD

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very beautiful color. It almost shifts colors in the light. Natural light it is more orangey. In indoor lighting it is more reddish pink. Also, it's sheer and slightly shimmery which isn't bad. It can go from opaque traffic cone orange, which works for some people, to a light shimmery coral, which I enjoy more. It is moisturizing and doesn't have that weird smell other lipsticks might. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete